Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Sunny San Diego



After my recent 2-week, whirlwind trek through Italy, I didn't anticipate the wow factor that this laid back, sunny, beach town would have on me. I have been to California more times than I could count, and have even driven most of the Pacific Coast Highway–but never as far south as San Diego. What a gem!

I was long overdue to go out and visit Kim, one of my very closest friends. We go all the way back to junior high, but we don't need to get into how long ago that really was! Anyhow—thanks Kim, for a relaxing and fun weekend! My two favorite spots were La Jolla, (where I had the BEST seafood omelet at brunch on Sunday) and Torrey Pines National Park, located between La Jolla and DelMar. I had Monday to myself to explore, so I hiked around for a couple hours and discovered some incredible views of the coast, along with some local flavor. I attached a few pics, some being my first in several so-so attempts at self-portraiture. Don't laugh. Oh yeah, and there's one in here of an old church in the "Old Town" area of downtown. I love the simple lines and composition.









So my wanderlust generally tends to lead me to places far and foreign, but how quickly I forget (especially being from COLUMBUS, OHIO no less!) how beautiful a country we live in. San Diego has definitely made my list of hot spots and I'm eager to return soon. God bless America!

No comments: